Sunday, February 1, 2009

I've never lived closer to danger, but I've never felt safer

Picture of the day. It was a beautiful day out. The sun was out, no clouds and the temperature was up to at least 50. It was nice walking outside with a t-shirt on and driving for a short time with the windows cracked. As much as I like skiing, I could do without the cold. I would just take vacations to the cold places to go skiing and enjoy the warmth for the rest of the year.

The snow was mostly melted today. The weather warmed up and so did everything else just like I planned. Going to sleep seems like a passive solution to things, but it's really just a good way to calm down. It works for me at least. I can be really worked up about something and I don't really have any other way to feel better about it.. for the most part. So going to sleep, which is sometimes hard to do when you're upset, seems to work. I wake up and it's like nothing ever happened. This only works for the "small" things, by the way. A lot of things are still there when you wake up.

Today I watched Pride and Glory. I pretty much like to watch anything with Ed Norton in it because I know it will be good. This was no exception. It's a great cop movie. It's a great action movie. Things jump off pretty quickly and they don't really stop. It moves fast but you feel like you know the characters right away. It put me in the mood for more movies like Lucky Number Slevin and Snatch even though they're not the same.

I watched Green Street Hooligans last week. It was a great movie about a kid who gets expelled from Harvard and falls in with a football firm in London, learning things he never did at his Ivy League school. More than that, he gains a sense of belonging and loyalty. Definitely something to check out if you haven't seen it.

Matt Buckner: "Once you've taken a few punches and realize you're not made of glass, you don't feel alive unless you're pushing yourself as far as you can go."

No comments: