Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm kinda flabbergasted when you say things like that...

When I woke up yesterday morning (or was it afternoon when I woke up?) I knew it was the day that my tuition payment was due at Rowan. I hadn't made an effort to find a loan on my own because one of the people I talked to assured me that my classes wouldn't be dropped until later and my loan information should be available by a few days after the "deadline." When I went there yesterday, the deadline had been pushed backed a week, giving me more time. I checked the site today just for the hell of it, finding, to my surprise, that my financial aid award information was posted!

Fed. Direct Subsidized Loan Accepted

$5,500.00

Fed. Direct Unsubsidized Loan Offered

$7,000.00

Federal Pell Grant Accepted

$4,731.00

Federal SEOG Accepted

$250.00

Total

$17,481.00


This is the first time I have ever been offered any money at all to pay for school, so seeing a number like 17,000 with a dollar sign next to it is pretty crazy for me. The best part of all of it is that $5000 is in grants that I don't have to pay back! That's awesome. I'm happy and it feels good for once. The subsidized loan I accepted will take care of all but about $300 of my tuition bill. So I'm set for this year! I was ready to go through a bunch of shit with the financial aid office and late fees and dropped classes but this went perfectly! Let's hear it for waiting until the last minute to do things! Hooray!

Now, on to less important matters: my "new" blog! This is it.. I'm sure for anyone reading this, it's probably not a surprise that I've started, say it with me, ANOTHER blog, but this one is somewhat of a consolidation of others. This will be more of a community blog where I'll post pictures, comments on things I've done and just general things I like. Hopefully you can get involved too and post a comment every now and again. If you're at a loss for things to post about, tell me what you think...

Is the background too bright?

Do you like the banner? I just made it.. and yes, it's one of my pictures, I didn't steal it. I may have borrowed some lyrics for the title though.

I went to the drive-in tonight to see Step Brothers (again) and Pineapple Express. I enjoyed Step Brothers more this time around and Pineapple Express is a must see, especially for Seth Rogen fans (and honestly, who isn't a Seth Rogen fan? The man is a genius.) It reminded me of Bulletproof, genre-wise anyway. It's a lot more action than I expected but it's hilarious at the same time. The parts that I saw in the previews twenty times were still funny in the movie.

The other night I happened upon a few shows from my childhood that made me really happy to sit and watch. They were still really entertaining now... I did have a few rum and cokes before I watched it though.. just like when I was a kid.



What happened to Gambit when they made the movies??? He was always my favorite and I can imagine he would make a great screen character. Watching the cartoon made me realize they did a great job at casting the rest of the X-Men characters though. Kelsey Grammer was a good choice to play Beast and the rest is obvious. I also remember how much I hated Jubilee.



This made me want to go see The Dark Knight again, not that I really needed another reason. Harley Quinn was in it! I completely forgot about her.

I've said enough. Keep checking back as I'll be updating frequently I think. Leave soon, but first leave comments!

dm

No comments: