Saturday, August 30, 2008

Trees

I go to run at Parvins all the time. I run the same trail every time but it never gets old. Sometimes I have a hard time finishing my one lap of 3.1 miles but the other day when I got to the end I just kept going and went around a second time. Some days I just feel like running forever. I was listening to music and I just wanted to keep listening and moving so I did.

I feel like running there is cathartic, like writing.
I get to leave a part of myself behind.
All of my old thoughts are stored in those woods and its comfortable there.
It's where the living meet the dead.
Why do I always think of you when I run downhill?
I can go there to think and solve problems.
I'm reminded of other times I've been there doing the same thing and that helps.
Ghosts of old ideas, worries and friends surround me.
Some days I just need another lap to get the help I need.

No comments: