Thursday, August 14, 2008

We won't be saved

Isn't it great how clear things become at night?
It's like enhancement of senses.
When it gets dark, you lose some of your sight, but your vision becomes so much better.
I've received all your letters but I still can't make any words.
Come back to your senses.
It's the last exit before a toll.
The price you pay is repeating the past.
Will you stand by and wait, assuming the worst?
Make a move, make a call.
You never could take the first step on your own.
I'll be here.
Even when autumn drives you up the coast.

* * *

Tomorrow/tonight is Argyle Gargoyle's second show at Memories. I hope some of you can make it out, but it was a short notice show. I'm looking forward to just being up there to play again. I want to get lost in the moments that I'm on stage, even if there isn't a real stage. I'm feeling kind of sick, like the weird I-should-be-asleep-since-it's-5am sick. My eyes are making my stomach turn.

Am I just a fictional character?

No comments: