Friday, August 8, 2008

What do I do?

I'm waiting to go out tonight. It seems like it's been a long time since I've been in a bar. I don't really have money to spend on beer but I'm going to anyway. I managed to book Argyle Gargoyle a show in September at Bridgewater Pub. Unfortunately it's 21+ but anyone who meets that criteria should come out and see us. It's Punk Night, so I'm not sure if we really fit the bill, but we'll still play it. Come watch us get booed by the real punk bands, that could be more entertaining to watch anyway. You can actually have beers while you're watching the bands at this place too, which will be a nice change. We've been working on our three (maybe four?) new songs and we'll definitely have two ready to play at our next show. We might still change things up in them, but they're good enough to let you guys hear. If you can't make it to Memories next Thursday, we'll be playing there the following Saturday also. Hope to see a lot of people make it out.

Besides the band, I've been trying to get together some of my solo stuff to do some home recordings of. I have a lot of lyrics with no music and some music with no lyrics that I'm going to try to put together into full acoustic/bass songs for your listening pleasure. And my own listening pleasure. I love writing things and posting my lyrics and poetry but some of the things I write really come across better as songs and I want to put them out that way. Hopefully that will happen soon.

I want to write more short fiction stories before going back to Rowan. They have a literary magazine for poetry and prose that I'd like to get into. I don't know in what way yet, but I'd like to get published somewhere. I don't really ever feel like my stuff is good enough to be put in print, but other people have told me it is and I'd like to see what I can do with it.

I have an idea for a film short also. It would be a pretty brief, one idea type of recording. I like the idea I have and I want to shoot it all in black and white (or transfer it to black and white later, however digital works.) When I get that started I will try to post some pieces of it if possible for criticism.

**I realize this has become a long list comprised of what I have been thinking about and doing on a daily basis.. but it's almost over.

I have been learning Russian over the past few weeks and doing pretty well too. I can only form one complete sentence so far but I can recite numbers up to ten, some of the alphabet (there are like ten more letters in the Russian alphabet, some of them are silent but still pronounced.. how does that work??), a few colors and my favorite, most of the human anatomy. The normal stuff I mean... hands, feet, elbows, hair, eyes, lips.. etc. I don't know how to say appendix or alveoli. I'll get there eventually, but I started with anatomy and it's my best area. It's a lot of fun learning another language, if for no other reason than being able to say things right in front of people without them knowing what you're talking about.

I think that's pretty much everything. I need to organize my pictures and get an online portfolio or my own website. My photos are pretty scattered around on different websites and folders on my computer. I'm bad at organization. I should also probably start drawing again to get ready for the onslaught of it I'll be facing in less than a month. Yikes.

No comments: