Wednesday, January 28, 2009

She'll always be a little far for me to reach

Picture of the day. I took a walk out behind the library where the snow was still fresh in a lot of places. This trail still looks somewhat similar to how it used to before there was a paved path and lights. I remember walking back there with my grandfather all the time as a kid. Sometimes we took the dog for a walk but most of the time we were just walking ourselves down the trail, under the bridge and over to the old steel skeleton of a building that I would climb on. He would always tell me about what used to be there and how my grandmother worked at the trolley station that went by there. Good memories.

That picture pretty much sums up the mood of the day. It was gray and foggy all day. It rained off and on. I spent most of the day inside my house updating blogs and thinking about cleaning my room. It needs to be done soon. I feel like I would be much better off if I could get organized, but it's just hard to get started. I did some running today but countered it with the mess of boneless wings I ate at Applebee's dipped in bleu cheese.

I miss old friends and conversations we used to have. I still want to just get in the car and drive away with the music up, windows down, singing along on the highway.

"I was just a boy like every other
I thought I was something fierce
I thought I was ten times smarter
Love would be something that I just know..
How you gonna know the feeling till you've lost it?
I've been losing plenty since.."
~
Jimmy Eat World

No comments: