Monday, October 13, 2008

I'd prefer not to be rescued...


I took a trip to New York on Saturday and rode my bike around. It was a great trip. I had a lot of fun just being in the city as always, but being on a bike made it that much better. It's so much easier and faster to get to a lot of places. There was one part of my trip in particular that made me happy. I was in Central Park riding back down from the northern part. I just climbed a pretty steep hill on my bike and I got to the top and started to coast down. As I did, a Jack's Mannequin song came on my ipod and it just felt perfect. No matter what else was going on in my life, what papers I had due for midterm or how bad I might feel about something, none of it mattered because I was just happy. I felt infinite. Like Charlie in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. That part of the book never meant much to me but now that I have felt that feeling, I just want it back. It was like anything was possible and I didn't need anything else to be happy, just myself. I feel like I belong in New York. I want to feel infinite again.
dm

1 comment:

FigueiRita said...

Great... I like the description... I felt i was there and i enjoy it... :)