Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Decisions

Ah, mid-terms. While I don't have the usual exams that most students have during mid-terms, I have something equally as frustrating. I would actually much rather take an exam; I'm good at tests, not art. I have so much work due this week for all of my classes. Some of it is done and turned in. I had a sketch book with 42 self-portraits due yesterday, which I finished yesterday. I had a paper due in Art History on Monday which is finished Monday. I have a research paper due tomorrow for Color Theory which I just finished thanks to the class I'm substituting having a student teacher. I have a six-foot drawing due tomorrow that I haven't started yet. After work, I'm going to try to work on it a bit but then I'm playing disc golf. Hopefully I'll have some time after to finish it up. It might not be good but as long as it gets finished that will be good. My 3D sculpture is due tomorrow also. It's mostly done, I just need to sand it a little and then coat it. I'm just hoping to not be up until 3am.

Besides worrying about what assignments are due, I've been trying to decide what classes to take next semester. I'm not just concerned with which classes will fulfill my requirements, I'm wondering if I want to finish out the art program with a BA, a BFA or at all. I have been thinking about transferring to another major while I can use these art classes and not lose any credits. Right now these are my options:

-Take electives and some studio courses to get a BA in about three semesters.
-Take all studio classes for four or more semesters to get a BFA, a better degree.
-Start a new major like history, english or philosphy and get a BA in three semesters.

What to do? I'm not sure but I have to choose classes in about a week...

No comments: