Friday, July 18, 2008

When Your Heart Stops Beating

It's 11AM on the day of my first show with my new band, Argyle Gargoyle. I'm not nervous at all right now, I just think I'll mess up a few times. It won't even really matter probably because no one will notice unless it's really bad. I need a personality when I play bass. I usually just stand there because I'm concentrating on what I'm doing. I still remember someone, I think Tracy, telling me that I look pissed off when I play. That was from the Forty West show though and that was a long time ago. I'm much more confident now. I think we're ready, I just wish I did more in the band. I want to write songs. I've written so many things I want to put them out there in more than poetry form. The show is gonna sneak up on me today I think. We're going to see The Dark Knight in about an hour and after the movie is over it will be almost time to leave and get to the venue. Oh well, I think I'm ready.

I'm always afraid I'm not doing something right.
I'm always trying to get back some part of my life I think I missed.
I don't want to die young, but I've always had this feeling.
I'm shedding the skin I was born in.
Not sure if I want to know what's underneath.
I'm looking for the same thing you are.

No comments: